Questions? Comments? E-mail me at AmbassadorJordan@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There's an app for that :]

I really want to give a shout out to CSE today.  I think that I (along with millions of other people) really take technology for granted.  It is because of these awesome people that we have those really addicting iPhone apps.
Lately, I have been spending so much time with school that I am having trouble keeping up with my reality shows.  As of today, I am two weeks behind on The Bachelor and one week behind on Jersey Shore.  I would love love love to have a DVR at my apartment, but because I am a starving student, it's just not in the budget. 
This week has been a major turning point for me.  I got an iPod touch.   
Rather than waking up at 4:00 AM just to catch up on who Brad is giving a rose to, and whatRonnie and Sammy are fighting about, I can watch the episodes on my iPod!  I was literally walking from class to class (not IN class) with my headphones in watching the episodes!  It was fabulous. 
Then I discovered games.  Instead of waiting in the doctors office twiddling my thumbs, I can play Scrabble with someone in North Carolina at the same time I play Life with someone in Montana. 
After that, I entered the calories I ate/burned off in the diet app!
Meanwhile, I was listening to John Mayer on the Pandora app.
I realize that apps and iPods have been around for years, but for someone who is terrified to spend money, it's like the whole world  has changed. 
So, I say thank you, CSE people, for making my life accessible on a 4.3" x 2.4" screen

Random Fact:  A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.