Questions? Comments? E-mail me at AmbassadorJordan@gmail.com

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Day!

UNT is closed today due to inclimite weather.  Normally, I would be jumping for joy.  Today, however, I have a cold and sinusitis. 
I went to the doctor yesterday to get a prescription for a Z-pack and some strong cough medicine.  I had the doctor fax my prescriptions to WalMart so they could get started on it before I  got there.  Well, 2 hours later, I went to WalMart to get my meds, and they said they hadn't received the fax.  I called my doctor, and they said they hadn't sent the fax, but they'd be happy to.  I asked them to fax it to CVS since WalMart was SIX HOURS behind. 
I wanted to call CVS right away to ensure they got the fax.  I called, and was on hold for almost an hour.  By the time I finally hung up out of frustration, I had driven to the store.  When I got inside, the line to the pick-up window was half a mile long!  It moved fairly quickly, though.  I got up to the counter only to find they had yet to look at my prescription.  Ugh. 
I told them, "I'm feeling horrible, and it would be really nice if I could just have my medicine."
"It should be ready in an hour and a half."
"OK, so if I come back at 10:00, it will be ready?" 
"We can't promise anything, but you can call at 10 to confirm." 
"I would love to do that, but the last time I called, you guys didn't answer the phone!" 
"Oh, really?  I'm sorry about that." 
Well, I went home and called back at 10, waited for only 30 minutes this time, only to hear the following:
"We're sorry, CVS is not a participating pharmacy with your insurance." 
"What?!  Why didn't you guys call and tell me this?"
"Oh, we're just now getting to look at your prescription."
Crimany.  I called my doctor back to see if they could fax my prescription back over to WalMart so that I could pick it up in the morning.  They said they couldn't fax a second prescription without calling the pharmacist to void the first one, and, since it's closing time, the call has to wait until tomorrow.

Well, today is tomorrow.  There's snow on the ground, I can't drive anywhere in my scaredy-cat car. 

Just call me Murphy.

Random Fact:   Hot air balloon pilots need a commercial pilot's license (fixed-wing). They must have at least 35 hours of flight instruction, attend ground school for basic aviation training, pass a written test for hot-air balloons and have a flight check from a Federal Aviation Administration official.