Questions? Comments? E-mail me at AmbassadorJordan@gmail.com

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Busy Bee

OK, so I JUST finished that awesome blog about the driverless cars, and before I go eat my delicious steak, I will take the time to let you guys know what I have been up to...

1)   Definitely still in school :[  But, graduation is coming up!  I'll walk  that sweet, sweet walk in December.  On that glorious day, I will have earned my B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Minors in Mathematics and Spanish.  Then, I'm going to Disney World or Hawaii.  Or both.  Because I earned it.

2)  I'm still interning at Stryker (yay!!).  I've been there for almost a year, and I love it!  It's such a great company to work for - they've made it on Fortune's Top 100 Companies to Work For the last couple of years.  I'm working on a pretty impressive project for them where I have built a custom test fixture to perform tests on their video boards.

3)  I was recently inducted into the IEEE honor society, Eta Kappa Nu, and I have been elected Vice President!  I have so many great ideas for how to peak interest in the organization and fundraisers.  I'll tell you about those as they come up.

4)  I took the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) Exam on April 14th.  For the afternoon session, I took the "Other Disciplines" portion because I heard it was easier.  If you guys are planning on taking the exam, I strongly recommend this book:
       FE Review Manual: Rapid Preparation for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
              Michael R. Lindeburg, PE
              ISBN: 978-1-59126-333-3
Such a GREAT study tool for preparing for the exam.

5)  I've started taking Zumba classes, and oh my gosh are they awesome!  Did you guys know I took dance lessons for about 12 years?  Ballet, jazz, lyrical, modern, hip-hop... then I went to cheer-leading.  I was unable to take dance classes at UNT because you have to be a dance major to take the classes, and it bummed me out.  I miss dance.  Zumba has been my fix!  It's so fun, and it really makes you sweat!

That's about it so far.  I think I want to elaborate on some of these topics a little more in the future.  But right now I'm hungry, and I want my steak.