Questions? Comments? E-mail me at AmbassadorJordan@gmail.com

Friday, May 13, 2011

I was sitting on the bus yesterday, people-watching, when my eyes started to wander...  Everyone on the bus had earphones in.  I follwed the cords down, and noticed that they were all attached to iPhones.  Never in my life had I felt so alone.  I was sitting there holding my old, broken down Samsung Mythic, wanting desperately to listen to the latest Nelly song, check my e-mail, or try to beat my Bejweled Blitz high score.  Alas, I had to sit there and have a thumb war with myself to keep from becoming bored to tears.

Here we are, about to see the release of the iPhone 5, and I have yet to own an iPhone 1, or any smart phone for that matter.  I am so jealous of all these people and their convenient access to the world.
I don't know if I want an iPhone, though.  I've been comparing phones for about 3 years, but always end up getting the cheap phones that don't do anything but call people (often when I don't want it to).

Last weekend, I was leaving my apartment to go to Grandmommy's house for Easter dinner, when I saw a little black device laying on the ground.  After taking a closer look, I realized that it was a G2 Google phone.  It was love at first sight.  Being the honest person that I am, I attempted to hack into the phone so that I could find out who it belonged to, and return it.  I really should have called Brett, since he works with Android phones, and could have easily hacked the code (SHOUTOUT, BRETT!!).  After numerous failed attempts, I decided to take out the simcard and put it in my phone.  Once I powered up the phone, a message appeared that said something to the effect of: "This is NOT an AT&T simcard.  Please enter a 10-digit code to unlock your phone.  If you get the code wrong, your phone will be locked forever, and you will be SOL."  So, I took the card out right away and decided never to do that again.  Instead, I used my boyfriend's phone.  He has the same carrier as the glorious G2 phone, so we put the card in his.  We were able to call someone from the owner's address book and find out where he lived.  It ended up being his birthday, so it made me feel 1000 times better knowing that I made his birthday a little bit better (though I so deeply wanted to keep that phone).

Since that day, I've been doing some research.  iPhone, or G2?  EVERYONE has an iPhone, but Androids are so much more attractive!  So then I decided, why not ask my readers?   If you've experienced an iPhone, an Android, or both, please, please, PLEASE e-mail me with your thoughts!