Questions? Comments? E-mail me at AmbassadorJordan@gmail.com

Monday, October 18, 2010

Post Numero Uno

So, an important fact about me is that I transferred to UNT from Oregon.  And in Oregon, there is no professional football team.  Imagine my excitement when a few friends from the College of Engineering invited me to… wait for it… wait for it… A DALLAS COWBOYS FOOTBALL GAME!!! I had never been so thrilled.  I donned the number 9 jersey and painted black lines under my eyes.  I was ready. 
My friends and I grilled burgers, hot dogs, and armadillo eggs, and played a few rounds of redneck golf before the game started. 
Walking into Cowboys stadium was like a dream… huge HDTVs hung in the air, the aroma of pizza and beer filled my nose, and the sound of fans shouting at the players was like music to my ears. 
For breast-cancer awareness month, the players wore pink shoes, chin straps and towels—the cheerleaders were even wearing pink outfits.  It was really neat to see how supportive the NFL is of breast cancer awareness and research (Hint-hint NCAA).
The game was awesome (even though the Cowboys lost).  My first professional football experience with my friends from UNT was a time I’ll never forget.


Random fact: The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.